1. What is this?
2. Weather Station Description.
3. Weather Data Reporting.
4. RSS News Feeds.
5. Weather Cam Description.
6. Weather Station Features.
1. This is the home of the Old French Road, Honeoye Falls, New York weather site maintained by Tom Bond.
2. This weather station is an AAG WS603A 1-wire weather station with many other components made by AAG or Hobby Boards. The weather station software is produced by MetarLogic. The humidity/temp sensors are housed in a radiation shield.
3. This weather station reports data to Awekas, Wunderground, Twitter, Weather4You and CWOP. The ID for CWOP is CW5494, ID for the Wunderground is KNYWEBST7 and the ID for Awekas is 1900. Updates are sent every 5 minutes and 5 seconds(Rapid Fire Mode) to Wunderground. Updates are sent to CWOP every five minutes. Awekas retrieves the data every 15 minutes or so using http.
4. The CWOP based RSS news feed is updated every five minutes. The Realtime based RSS news feed is updated every minute. The feeds provide the current weather conditions along with the wind chill and heat index information as needed. The name of the feeds are weathercwop.rss and weatherrt.rss respectively.
5. The weather cam is a Nikon CoolPix 4300 camera controlled by USB.
6. This weather station can measure wind speed, wind gust, wind direction, temperature, pressure, humidity, rainfall, solar radiation and lightning strikes. The software can also control output relays which are currently used to control the front and back yard above ground sprinklers(control is based upon time of day, whether is is currently raining and the rain total for the current week). Weather conditions(wind speed, temp, etc...) can be analyzed and an e-mail sent when that weather condition has been met.